The Au Pair China Program offers individuals from around the world an affordable way to gain practical teaching experience and a unique, close-up look at Chinese life and culture. You’ll be able to experience the real China by immersing yourself in the local culture. You’ll also form a lifelong bond with your host family and siblings.
This is a short-term teach abroad program in China offering a monthly allowance and completion bonus, Mandarin lessons with qualified teachers, monthly cultural activities, access to a vast support community in your host city, a comprehensive orientation and the experience of a lifetime.
Learn more: http://teachenglishesl.com/au-pair-china/
Apply directly here: http://www.global-applications.org/sp/17922
Salary & Benefits
- Placement with a Chinese host family in Beijing or Shanghai
- Accommodation (private room) and meals included for the entire program (3 meals per day), including during the orientation and homestay with the host family
- 20 hours’ group Chinese language lessons at a local licensed Mandarin language school, and access to offline Mandarin learning resources
- Monthly allowance 1,000 RMB (approx. $150 USD) and completion bonus (excluding 2 months); 1000 RMB accumulated per month:
- Monthly cultural activities included in the program, with other program participants
- 24/7 in-country support from bilingual staff
- A TEFL certificate required. Get one online here.
- A native English speaker or proficient in English from North America, South America, Western Europe, South Africa, or Oceania.
- 18 – 29 years of age
- No degree required!
- Clean criminal record
- Positive, loves children, open to other cultures, passionate, flexible, assertive, willing to adapt to new situations, cheerful, understanding and tolerant
- Prior experience teaching or working with children will be viewed favorably
- Eager to learn about Chinese culture